This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What to do after mastering the HBP?

Started by Dan Jeong, March 10, 2014 · 9 Replies · 533 Views

Dan Jeong

I haven't mastered the HBP yet, but I am getting pretty close for mastery, and I was just wondering what to do after HBP. Any ideas?

Christian

Rings :-) get R1 and start cracking. How are the rest of the elements going?

Dan Jeong
Christian said:

Rings :-) get R1 and start cracking. How are the rest of the elements going?

It's funny because my other elements are VERY behind. RC is the worst still at F1 and other elements are at F2 and F3.

I've been breakdancing for a while and I neglected the pulling elements for several years because that was not necessary in breakdancing but now that I am seriously training for GST, I have been focusing a lot on my pulling elements.

What to do in this case? I still need to work 2~3 months before gaining solid mastery on HBP but should I keep doing HBPs till other elements catch up? or is there a harder bent arm pushing workout that I can do ?

Jon Douglas

I was thinking about this and quite liked the idea of, as F elements are mastered, removing them from the f sessions and putting them into rings days warmups as prescribed in R1.

Dan Jeong
Jon Douglas said:

I was thinking about this and quite liked the idea of, as F elements are mastered, removing them from the f sessions and putting them into rings days warmups as prescribed in R1.

warm ups for which exercise? Rings workout? I feel like I won't be able to start Rings 1 for a while since my RC progression is really behind.. But it's the PE6 that has been killing me, and after I conquer both PE6 and PE7, I can almost jump till the end of F2 because I actually can do decent number of pull upss

B1214N

I'm sure the Rings series will have more difficult bent arm pressing exercises. Doing HBP on rings would be a logical next step, but make sure you have rings handstands first. Other than that, you can start training straddle planche push-ups then full planche push-ups.  I also know of more difficult bent arm pushing exercises after full planche push-ups.

Joshua Slocum

If your planche is good, you could move on to planche pushups. Or re-do the HBP progressions on the rings. 

Erik Rissanen

Celebrate! It's quite of an achievement! I'm still on F1/H1, and looking forward to the day when I can ask a question like this.

MT Nordic

If you aren't on rings due to your other elements, work this very last in your foundation workouts and build volume.  shoot for 5 x 10 maybe.  If any elements were particularly hard go back and work on them more.  

Alessandro Mainente

i think there are some relations between elements in R1 and foundations, so when you achieved one element if is a pre req for something in R1 you can start to play with it. probably i will be in your same situation at the beginning if summer,