Hey everyone,
I've had Coach Sommer's book since it first came out, but am just now finally just now getting into the application of what I've read in it. I've decided to jump in head first and have identified 3 movements to work towards excellence in:
1) L-sit PB
2) Front lever tuck
3) HeSPU - negative
4) Dips - XR
In the book, Coach Sommer recommends that most trainees start out with 3x3 or 3x5 for these exercises, but how does one determine the workset duration for static hold? Should I test and see how long I can maximally hold it and then divvy it up?
I.E. If I have a max 15sec L-sit, my workout for that exercise would be 7 sets lasting 7 seconds in duration.
I'm committed to training 4 days a week Mon/Tue & Fri/Sat using a steady state training cycle for 8 weeks and this what I've come up with so far:
Monday & Friday - Lsit PB and HeSPU negatives
Tuesday & Saturday - Front lever tucks and XR Dips
I have no idea if I set this up correctly or if the frequency is too much (which I doubt, but again I am a beginner to this type of training), so any advice would be more than appreciated.
Thanks,
- Roger