This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Dislocate shoulder on PE6

Started by Matthieu Jeandel, March 10, 2014 · 1 Replies · 167 Views

Matthieu Jeandel

Hello 

 

Just begin PE6 week 2 (5 x 1 rep). During the training I dislocated my right shoulder when I did my third set. 

 

At the top of the movement when the push is the max effort and I tried to compress my abs, my shoulder dislocated.

 

As someone already have the same thing? 

 

What advice can you give to me to avoid this? 

 

Thank you.

 

Matt.

mitko

You scapulae are probably winging way too much. You can actually view a little bit this mistake in the PE4 video. It is quite easy to make this mistake in this position.

I am not sure what is the remedy but I would try to protract a lot. And make sure to have some sort of feedback(video) to be sure that your scapulae are flat.