This is with 11 lbs, am I good to go on PE2?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by mlaen, March 9, 2014 · 3 Replies · 112 Views
This is with 11 lbs, am I good to go on PE2?
Couple things jump out at me...which is pretty much meaningless, but I'll mention anyways
.
Back looks nice and straight. ROM looks pretty limited in the shoulders, and you shouldn't be moving at all once in end position. The lean looks good, but you're also on a box, and I think you should be on the floor, which might take some ROM away from the that. I would widen the grip a little, move to the floor and take another video.
Also, feel free to disregard all of the above.
Thanks TANSTAAFL
Yeah, it didn't seem to me that I was moving so much while performing this iM, I'll try to fix that ![]()
I can get more ROM if I rotate my shoulder internally but I don't think that counts?
As for the box... I have a lot of hips/glute issues (especially piriformis) and I'm working on those a lot along with F1/H1, but that will take months to fix, spending time on PE1 until then seams like a waste of time. What do you think?
ASAIK, no internal rotation...possibly a little, but not intentionally. Some have had luck massaging/self release on the pecs and other upper areas to get some more ROM. Again, if it were me, I would widen grip/lower weight until desired ROM(i.e. mastery). Then move in a very small amount with the grip (I use tape to mark the bar so you can actually see your progress, no matter how small) and keep cycling until you have mastery again.
As for the box, as long as you're working on it, and know what the problem is I would be fine with it. Not sure if it would pass an actual mastery test. Lacrosse/Tennis ball on the glutes/legs/etc. helped many with that too.