This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE1 and MN/PE1>iM Form Check

Started by jshaw, March 9, 2014 · 2 Replies · 125 Views

jshaw

On the arch body hold, I previously thought I was close to mastery, but realized I wasn't getting near enough extension, so I reset back to week 1.  I'll have to get a video from the side, it's tough to tell, it kinda looks like my knees might be a little bent, even though it doesn't feel like it. 

 

On the windmill, I made a lot of improvement in 2 blocks. 

 

Alessandro Mainente

You need to revisit the MN IM1:

-fully internally rotate the arm while maintain it vertical overt the shoulder

-move the butt on the side

-keep the lower arm in between the legs

jshaw
alex87 said:

You need to revisit the MN IM1:

-fully internally rotate the arm while maintain it vertical overt the shoulder

-move the butt on the side

-keep the lower arm in between the legs

Thanks for the feedback.  I see what you mean on the first and third points, definitely felt a significant difference doing them like that Wednesday.  Regarding the second point, I'm not sure what I should be doing differently.  Maybe the camera angle is deceiving, but I am pushing my hips to the side when I start the descent, and I'm failing to see any difference between what I'm doing and what's in the course video. 

 

Also, bump for feedback on the arch body hold.  My ROM has improved quite a bit since I first started, but I feel like maybe I should be trying to get a little higher.