This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE2 rocks form check

Started by Adriano Augusto, March 7, 2014 · 9 Replies · 390 Views

Adriano Augusto

Hello guys,

 

I just want to ensure that I'm doing this right and the rock is enough smooth.

 

I've to clear that my sacrum is a bit funny and weird and I'll never be able to rock smoothly because is like I had a miniball there that doesn't permit me to rock fine.

 

Even though, this is my try. First and fith set of 60 rocks.

 

 

Thanks!

Joshua Slocum

Your ROM is a little lacking - note the difference in amplitude between the demonstration video and your video. Your rock also looks a little bit jerky - try to round your back a little bit more. 

Adriano Augusto

Thanks Joshua,

 

The thing is that when I try to increase the ROM my sacrum doesn't allow me to do it right, or even smoothly because is like having a mini mountain that If I wanted to reach I can't because of that.

 

In movements like Straddle Up, when I rolled up and I reach that part of my body is like being in balance in the air for seconds instead of having my glutes on the floor.

 

Difficult to explain to me in english, but is like a physical limitation on that part.

Alessandro Mainente

try to stay more rounded and lift a bit the butt when you are moving on the shoulders. think about squeeze a swiss ball between chest and legs.

-MR

Hey Adriano, I agree with Alex. It seems that you're extending your back slightly every time you roll backwards, thus losing your rounded shape. You can spot it with every rock backward where your back flattens and your knees push forward. I don't think this would be due to your oddly shapen sacrum but rather to not holding the PPT on your way back. Try to stay round when you're rocking back rather than allowing your legs to separate from your torso. 

Adriano Augusto

Ok, here we go. I've tried to improve my form and definitely this attempt is far better than the previous one, at least I think so.

 

-MR

I think that's much better Adriano. Maybe you were just too tired in the first vid; that was one hell of a yawn at the beginning :)

 

Knowing your attention to detail though, if I were to nitpick, the only thing I would say needs fixing is your hip angle. From what I can tell, your thighs are much closer to 90 degrees than the athlete in the video. He seems to extend his legs out a little more than you. Doing so would increase the intensity of the movement, so I unfortunately think it's an important detail. 

 

 

Good work!

Adriano Augusto

Good catch -MR, I noticed when I was editing the video. Something to improve the next workout for sure, thanks.

 

And yes, I was tired in the first vid but anyway I was doing the rocks just like that, tired or not.

 

Thanks again!

Kage

Looks much nicer in the second video. Great job, Adriano!
I have had similar problems, because my lumbosacral angle is pathologically off. I was clunking my sacrum into the ground no matter how hard I tried.

So I started the PE over, this time by hugging my knees to my chest with my arms. I'm just about to finish week 11 now. It has smoothed out unbelievably, I almost didn't think it was possible. It really helped just practicing the rock like that and focusing on sort of bringing my chest to my knees (mentally, not physically) on the way "up" and knees to face on the way "down". The body position is pretty much static, but it just feels like that is what I'm doing.

EDM

It's good, If you also fix the angle of the legs it would be you are done! we want to see you soon on body levers ;)