This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE2 & iMForm Check

Started by wheezer, March 7, 2014 · 12 Replies · 352 Views

wheezer

Hi guys,

 

Going for FL/PE2 mastery over next 1-2 weeks and wanted to double-check my form. There's a few periods of awkward reps as my butt was sliding down the towel! hehe

 

Sorry for poor quality - this was shot on my phone and I had to zoom in.

 

 

Wondering if I'm piked enough... although if I pike more than this it feels easier.

 

Also wondering if pelvic tilt is an issue with the table...

 

http://youtu.be/rIvQZitcGeE

Jennifer

Can I ask, are your feet touching the ground?

Andre737

I think you are using to much momentum and you have to concentrate more on squeezing the lower abs to get a more smooth rock.Try to move in one unit(upper&lower body connection).Looks like you are collapsing on your back which is in my opinion an indicator that you have to use more contraction.Try to get the rock more smooth.Perhaps it will also help to get your shoulders a little bit more up to get a curve in your spine.Hope that helps..

meras

It seems like the heels are touching the floor which may provided unneeded assistance. Also, the sliding was hilarious :)

jaz

Hi wheezer!

iM is nice but you have some work with the PE. Here are 2 clues to correct your form :

  • avoid your feet from touching the ground between each rep
  • initiate the rock with your lower abs and maintain contraction, you really have to focus on maintaining PPT to perform a smooth roll. If you have H1, have a look on the iMs dedicated to PPT to physically understand what is PPT when core is loaded (it's not as easy as we think). Your lower back will be pushed really hard into the groud allowing a beautiful smooth roll. 
lnick1975

Your back is too flat which is causing you to thump onto the floor rather than rock smoothly.

U sure u truly mastered FL/PE1?

Ravn

Perhaps playing with a few reps of FL6 will give you an impression of what the end result should look like.

thecolin

I agree that it looks like PPT is the things that's missing.

 

Try playing with PE-1 with tight abs as normal, but try to focus on pressing your lower back into the ground as you engage the PPT.

 

It also looks like your shoulders are in a good position at the start, but drop completely flat as soon as you start rocking. Think about engaging your lats as well to lock your shoulders to your hips as a solid unit.

LateStarter@46

I'm sorry wheezer, but I found your video hilarious in a good way! I was gripping the edge of my seat wondering if you were going to rock all the way to the wall, and on the right that table tipped on its side probably does have an issue with pelvic tilt :-)))

wheezer

Wow thanks for the feedback guys! Yep my rock has not been smooth. My feet hit the ground with enough momentum to roll-up into a deck squat, and the shelf next to me rattles when my lats hit the ground.

Plus, I could only ever feel this in the top row of the rectal abs, here I was thinking my core was already so beast B-) but nup, just poor form.  :imad:

 

Obvious things to work on now:

  • maintain hollow body position... curl the shoulders/back and PPT (kind of feels like a gymnastic plank, but prone), making sure the lower back is there to bridge between my butt and back
  • feel the contraction throughout whole rectal abs (doubt this will be an issue now...)

Nervous system is very new to loaded PPT so will play with this for next couple of weeks. Will need to check PE1 too, might have cheated my way through it with a flat back (great point Inick).

 

Will appreciate another check-up when I feel I have this down.

 

PS. The H1 & FL/PE6 cues are great for getting the feel of it - thanks.

 

Kate: the table had just done an ABH session.

wheezer

With the new form I am now back to FL/PE1 Week 7 (5x36s), focusing on the strong hollow contraction.

 

I have spent a year working on this without hollowing myself properly.

 

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

 

Moral of the story is: check your form.

thecolin
wheezer said:

With the new form I am now back to FL/PE1 Week 7 (5x36s), focusing on the strong hollow contraction.

 

I have spent a year working on this without hollowing myself properly.

 

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

 

Moral of the story is: check your form.

 

I had a similar experience with planche leans, I had to start over when I realized I had some problems. But the second time went way faster. I had still developed a base of strength, I just need to make some tweaks. So I don't think your year has been wasted.

 

I hate deload weeks. But I try to use them productively and spend all the extra time from shorter sets filming myself to check my form. That way I've only wasted a month!  :P

wheezer

Great idea Colin.

 

Hope the road from here is quicker than the first round, but either way it will happen eventually.