What I'm talking about when I refer to a "felge to hs" is -> this <- movement.
It's known by a few names, but whatever you call it, it is undeniably one of the most aesthetic movements in gymnastics, looking as it does simple and impossible at the same time.
As you can probably tell, It is my favorite element to watch ![]()
However, performing it is something else entirely. I have absolutely no idea how to even begin going about learning this.
A bit of data on me:
21 yo male, 68kg 178cm, been active in gymnastics for 6 years now, injured myself quite badly 2 years ago, but am almost back to top form. The skills I've learned so far are all either A or B in the CoP, I can do one C (front full on FX).
Now inb4 flames, I realize that going from my level of skill to training for an element that is valued at D is, quite frankly, wishful thinking at best.
But please realize I am being perfectly serious here. I do not care how long it takes, I will not stop trying to learn this element. I am discussing some drills with my coach, but obviously I will take any advice and see what works for me.
So, an open question to the gymnasts and trainers in the community:
What way would you go about training this skill, what progressions do you think make sense, what skills should I learn before this skill?
And, please be honest, do you think it possible for me, even if it takes a few years, to learn this skill?
Thank you in advance for your help.
Kind regards,
flenser
felge/peach/basket on Pbars
Started by flenser, March 7, 2014 · 3 Replies · 4,285 Views
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdg4UXtiKU4#
For this you should have excellent handstand on pbars, a press handstand. And very strong shoulders.
I also found this, which is a presentation by Vitaly Marinitch, US Olympic Training Center head coach. It is really detailed and comprehensive. As Daniel said though, a rock solid handstand on pbars is necessary. Hope this helps!
That is crazy how much breakdown there is for that move. So interesting.