This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS PE2 iM (twisting squats) - use stall bars for help?

Started by mlaen, March 7, 2014 · 2 Replies · 110 Views

mlaen

I'll be soon moving to SLS PE2 but I have some mobility issues that are preventing me to perform iM.

I have serious hip/glutes mobility issues and I can't bend forward enough to stand up while sitting cross legged because my low back are compensating for the lack of mobility in my hips/glutes.

Does it make sense to use stall bars to help me in the first part of the movement to get up om my feet?

MT Nordic

sure, as a progression that is fine.  Sitting on a downward slope or on a pillow will also help.  as you improve you can lower the pillow or use less angle, etc.  sit cross legged as much as possible when you're sitting around or watching TV.  You'll get there quicker than you think.  Stretch piriformis a lot too.

jvenna

Try searching the forum. there was an extensive thread on twisting squats. It had a lot of information on how to train the movement.