Hey guys, i seem to be stuck at the end of both these progressions. What are ways you can tell me that helped you break plateaus???
I have recently revised my nutrition and upped the calories, since i believe i was eating too little.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by twan, March 5, 2014 · 8 Replies · 483 Views
Hey guys, i seem to be stuck at the end of both these progressions. What are ways you can tell me that helped you break plateaus???
I have recently revised my nutrition and upped the calories, since i believe i was eating too little.
With rcpe2 i need a few more reps at the end of the two lasts sets and i feel a strain on my bicep tendon.
For HBP2 I built up to something like this: 20-19-17-14-12. I did this by just adding a few reps every workout. Since mastery was 75 pushups (5x15) it helped psychologically to know that I was able to exceed that number. Then it was just a question of rearranging the reps to 5x15. Took quite some time though, don't expect it to happen overnight. Hard work pays off.
I had success by just repeating week 11 and taking longer between sets. Once you're consistently doing the correct volume you can work on reducing rest time.
twan said:With rcpe2 i need a few more reps at the end of the two lasts sets and i feel a strain on my bicep tendon.
Don't hurt yourself...
Insert a couple of super slow negatives at the end of the last rep on the last set.
I was stuck for a long while, like 4 months, at a whole bunch of elements... and then looked at my calorie consumption and like you saw that I was probably undereating, and had been for a long while. Once I started increasing my carbohydrate intake (because I calculated I was getting enough protien and fat) then magically I started getting past all my stuck elements.
Thx guys, today I mastered RCPE2. I believe that with these beginning exercises endurance is key and I believe that my nutrition also played a vital role in this.
Also by reading the "What I learned from the seminar" thread I see now why it's so important to keep pushing even if you're tired. The mind does give up before the body does, but you just have keep going.
Hope to get the HBPPE2 soon
.
I found if I had more than one exercise that was giving me trouble I progressed best when I put one of them on maintenance and push really hard on the other one. That and have adequate carbs before and during my training session. Recently added creating to the mix and I'm not sure if it is just the placebo effect but I have more energy and am progressing better.