This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Doubt about the proper false grip

Started by Richard Sassoon, March 5, 2014 · 3 Replies · 287 Views

Richard Sassoon

So, I was wondering if when performing the false grip should we start by placing the ring on the wrist crease and then progress to do it on the fleshy part like explained here, or start already with the fleshy part to get used to this harder variation, or just focus on the wrist crease for now? I ask because of the consequences for the support hold after the MU, so that we keep the forearms from touching the rings.

 

Edited to clarify that I did read and understand the material presented here, and there is no mention of this other variation ( on the fleshy part)

Joshua Slocum

Do it as explained in the course. 

Coach Sommer

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you are not yet ready to worry about the transition from false grip to support. First master the false grip.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Richard Sassoon

Thanks Joshua and Coach! 

I'll keep doing as I have always been until further notice :)