I went through the handstand one program and previewed all the exercises and mobility and I must say I was greatly surprised by the detail to which it develops the handstand, focusing on every minute detail of the body line. The only question I have is in regards to continuing some of the mobility and handstand exercises/drills. Once mastering a specific skill and mobility wouldn't you want to continue practicing the skill and mobility element? Some of the mobility elements seem pretty beneficial to practice in conjunction with the next progressions( of course at a lower volume level). For example doing weighted shoulder dislocates throughout the program seems very beneficial to shoulder flexibility and health.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
New to handstand one, Simple question
Started by Mfave16, March 5, 2014 · 2 Replies · 215 Views
Yup, you'll want to do some light work on previously mastered elements during your warmup.
For sure. What I did was keep the iMs that I felt needed improvement. I would do them in between the wrist movements and the HS work.
Now, I only do the Standing Overgrip Dislocate and the Standing Undergrip Dislocate. I add weight to these every couple of weeks and reset grip width.
I kept those in particular because I felt like all the iMs before them were building to those. Also, my shoulders feel great. I can now open them with ease.