Hello guys!
I have about the F1 routine. I tested myself I can do pretty much all the exercises + mobility, but as I am struggling with the 5x5 dips, I thought I will go for it for some more weeks to have a good solid base.
So I am doing the F1 exercises all from Week 12, 3 times a week.
I am also doing some press handstand drills on parallettes from H2. (I can already press into a handstand from straddle and hold a handstand for 60+seconds, but I am struggling with solid, controlled repetitions of the exercises, so i think they are very very helpful!)
I used to do a full body workout before starting F1.
I always did some leg tightening drills with ankle weights (we did this in dance class when I was a child), some calf raises and glute bridges, which I really liked doing.
I also did some push-ups and V-sits (I can do a 30 secs L-Sit on floor and a tucked V-Sit).
Would it matter if did some leg tightening drills, as well as some L-sits and V-Sits at the end of each workout?
I don't know why, but everytime I try pull-ups, after a few sets the nerves in my arms start to hurt, from my shoulder down to my wrist, it is a pulling dull pain. It's been like that since a year now. If I continue, it gets worse and worse and then a nerve on the back of my upper arm gives me the feeling that I am bleeding inside, because it hurts so much! Even at rest I sometimes feel a stabbing pain and spasms along the nerve routes in my upper arm.
I have tried deep tissue massagem stertching, foam rolling, several months of rest - nothing helped. I have already been to doctors, but they don't know what it is (most of them told me it was bicep tendonitis or golfer's elbow!). I have seen a specialist lately and he is going to do a MRI and x-ray of the cervical spine (maybe it's a herinated disc or smth) and of course I hope I will get it figured out soon!
Long story short question - I am fine with dips, but I can't do the rope climb progression so far. Anyways, I couldn't do even 1 pull-ups and after 7 months of some push-up and handstand training, I can now do 4 good solid reps.
Can I put 3 sets of a many push ups as possible (usually about 10 with elbow close to the body and 40 with elbows flared out)+3 sets of 10 push-ups with different arm placment (vary width) instead of the hang?
Thank you!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
question about F1 substitue exercises
Started by katlinchen, March 3, 2014 · 3 Replies · 145 Views
Couple of strange things I don't understand in this post. You want to do push-ups instead of RC progressions?
You can do about 10 push-ups max with elbows closed but have passed HBP PE2 and 3?
I have a suspicion you haven't started from the first exercise in every sequence. Otherwise, as Christian said, you should be able to do more than 10 pushups.
And your arm problems definitely sound like biceps tendonitis to me. I have some experience with the exact same thing.
Start at the very beginning with RC progressions (hinge rows) they are a fantastic tonic for your elbows and should help you prepare your tendons properly for the strain you will be putting them under with pullups.
By all means do some L sits and V sits after your workout.
Christian said:Couple of strange things I don't understand in this post. You want to do push-ups instead of RC progressions?
You can do about 10 push-ups max with elbows closed but have passed HBP PE2 and 3?
Ah no sorry, that was a wrong description. I can do plenty of those in HBP PE2, about 3 sets of 30, I always call them "elbows flared out, because my upper arm does not touch my body, although its close. I meant those diamnond push-ups, where you have your hands very close together shaped like a diamond, where I really feel my arms on my sides. Of those I can probably do 10-12!
Ok, that's really weird, that no one can really tell what it is, I hate those injuries
Maybe you are right and it is distal bicep tendonitis - who knows
I just had my first workout and it was great. Ok thanks, so I will throw in my leg stuff and some L sits and V Sits at the end!