For example FKP/SE1 is orders of magnitude easier than FKP/PE4. I was able to easily do 5x5.
I'm asking because it seems superfluous having easy SEs there, since we all have to get to PE4 before getting to SE1.
Is it OK to move on to FKP/SE2?
-Nash
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Nash, March 3, 2014 · 10 Replies · 663 Views
For example FKP/SE1 is orders of magnitude easier than FKP/PE4. I was able to easily do 5x5.
I'm asking because it seems superfluous having easy SEs there, since we all have to get to PE4 before getting to SE1.
Is it OK to move on to FKP/SE2?
-Nash
Of course. You always can and should test for mastery if you think you can accomplish it.
I totally agree, Joshua, except on the point of WR. When do I know I am ready to move on? My wrists pop every time I do these, I'm on PE1.
gotta more than likely give a good looksie at the forearm/hand mobility your rockin. i've found plenty of trigger points all over my arm and it's given me a bunch of relief and ROM with it...plus stronger contractions in the muscle to aid C-R in the H1 wrist stretches.
give that a go and check in with what you think about it.
edit:
oh, Nash
I'm sure you'll blow through the progressions and perhaps even Se3. looking forward to seeing you do those soon. ![]()
aiken54 said:When do I know I am ready to move on?
I asked myself the same question in the PE1's. I technically could do more reps, but my wrist felt so fragile I decided to hang back. Following the work-out plan week-for-week is just enough time for me.
Except for FKP. My knuckles and wrist flexors are rather argumentative.
wheezer said:I asked myself the same question in the PE1's. I technically could do more reps, but my wrist felt so fragile I decided to hang back. Following the work-out plan week-for-week is just enough time for me.
Except for FKP. My knuckles and wrist flexors are rather argumentative.
Yup, I never skipped any of the PEs for the same reason. But with the early SEs, strength has already been built. I just mastered the SE2s yesterday, moving to SE3 next week.
OK, word to the wise and to whoever pulls up this post in the future, do the easy SEs as well. Or at least start them at block 2.
I skipped too fast and now dealing with a wrist injury.
What do you think went wrong, Nash? Just too much too soon?
mcneuen said:What do you think went wrong, Nash? Just too much too soon?
Yeah. Specifically, for me, Fingertip pushups. The jump from SE2 to SE3 was too much for me. On my first attempt, I pulled something. It's improving fast now, but I'm rewinding 1 SE for all and starting at block 2 for smooth recover after my rest period ends.
Sorry to hear about the pull Nash, happy it's healing up. Grateful I heard about it.
I just went from SE2 to SE3 too, and found the difference astronomical. The WRs are fine, but I can't WP with a smooth motion (it's more like collapse) and can't even statically hold the FP starting position, yet alone push-up at the wrist with a straight hand.
I've been trying to build SE3 strength by using a big pike, but it doesn't feel safe and I realise there's a lot more I can get out of SE2 - so I'm going back and spending some time there. Lots of reps with my feet slowly moving away from the wall, and focusing on slowness and smoothness.
A timely reminder for me: you have all of H1 to get the SEs down.
wheezer said:Sorry to hear about the pull Nash, happy it's healing up. Grateful I heard about it.
I just went from SE2 to SE3 too, and found the difference astronomical. The WRs are fine, but I can't WP with a smooth motion (it's more like collapse) and can't even statically hold the FP starting position, yet alone push-up at the wrist with a straight hand.
I've been trying to build SE3 strength by using a big pike, but it doesn't feel safe and I realise there's a lot more I can get out of SE2 - so I'm going back and spending some time there. Lots of reps with my feet slowly moving away from the wall, and focusing on slowness and smoothness.
A timely reminder for me: you have all of H1 to get the SEs down.
My thoughts exactly. I'm also going to back to SE2 and increasing incline until I feel like I can do SE3.