How many days a week?

Started by Systemic, March 2, 2014 · 1 Replies · 1,617 Views

Systemic

Hello there,

 

So I recently got back to working out and I am quite stiff, I've always been. I am just wondering, how many days a week can I stretch for to get the maximum results? What kind of systems should I use (since I was told there are a few stretching systems) and how many times a day? (I heard twice, once after waking up and once before sleeping).

 

I've got certain DVDs given to me by my friends but I am not sure if I should be doing them since they themselves do different sports (Ballet, martial arts, etc.)

 

The ones I've got are:

 

Reach: Flexibility and Stretch

Ultimate Flexibility

Stretching Scientifically

Flexibility express

 

I've watched them all and most of them are great but I am not sure that I should be following them since a lot of people criticise DVDs in general.

 

Bipocni

Generally exploring and getting comfortable with your natural ROM you should do daily, whenever is easiest for you.  Hard stretching I would say limit to twice a week (although if you divide up the body, you can work more often).