This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PE3/iM form questions

Started by MichaelCan, March 1, 2014 · 2 Replies · 147 Views

MichaelCan

Hi all,

 

When I try PE3/iM, I try to shrug up my shoulders as much as possible, then pull back the bar while leaning forward and keeping my shoulders as shrugged as possible. I feel this mostly in the traps, and they are usually sore the next day. My hands are generally shoulder width or a bit narrower. My neck naturally wants to move forward a lot, but I try to keep it as neutral as possible. Is all this correct? Immediately after the iM or in my last set, I sometimes get some pain in the shoulders. Should I be starting with my hands wider apart? I was under the impression that the point of keeping the hands close is so that the shoulders don't 'turn out' when you pull the bar back.

 

 

Thanks!

Nino Begovic

I wonder this too I tried it today and felt it at once. In the video it seems to me that the gymnast is turning the shoulders outward while pulling the bar back? No matter what width I have on this one it feels like my shoulder are about to break. I can not continue without guidance.

Nino Begovic

There is no way I am getting my arms back there, the front of my shoulder bumps into my trapezius when I try. What am I missing here? Anybody experienced in this movement?