This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE2 and iM form check (crazy iM improvement)

Started by Jonathan Horowitz, March 1, 2014 · 3 Replies · 324 Views

Jonathan Horowitz

Hi all, I just tested for mastery on PE1 last week, so I had to jump into week 3 of HS/PE2 to keep my deload weeks synced. 

 

Here's my headstand for 3 x 24 second: 

 

 

 

Here's the iM for it. I'm showing day 1 (thursday) and day 2 (friday) because somehow between those two days I gained an additional 20º+ of mobility! I've read about the gains coming fast on the HS iMs, but this is insane! I used a 2.5 kg plate on a wooden dowel. 

 

 

 

I'm going to film it from a higher angle next time so that I can better see the shoulder angle. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Phillip Preston

Jonathan,

 

In the first half of that video, you (incorrectly) have your palms facing up.  In the second half, your palms are facing down, as they are supposed to.  That change is what improved the angle of your shoulders so drastically.  

 

 

 

I like that gym you're in!  So much room for activities!!

Jonathan Horowitz

Wow I feel really dumb. At least I'm moving in the right direction though!

Yeah I work out in a big open crossfit gym so I am fortunate to have room to move around as I need to. They also have parallel bars and a pommel horse if I ever get to that level.

Mats Trane
Jonathan Horowitz said:

Wow I feel really dumb. At least I'm moving in the right direction though!

Dont worry you are not the first one to have done this mistake. Lucky you found out so early :)