This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

touching rings with forearms in support wrong or ok?

Started by Sascha Faltinger, February 28, 2014 · 5 Replies · 423 Views

Sascha Faltinger

i should not touch the straps, but what about the rings? if i turn my hands a bit down my forearm wont touch the rings, but is that necessary?

Coach Sommer

Yes, it is wrong.

Do not touch.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Sascha Faltinger

Thank you, Coach Sommer.

Now the Support Hold becomes a completly different exercise.

Richard Sassoon

Another question I have is if the rings are allowed to touch the body at all, around the hips. I see in the videos that the rings do not touch. I started implementing the holds without the forearms touching the rings and that alone already increased the difficulty a lot, but I do manage to get some 30s sets, having the rings slightly touch my hips. (I think I already know the answer though...)

jaz

No.

The rings do not touch the hips : press the arms outward.

The rings do not touch the forearms : bend the wrists.

Don't underestimate the risk of injuries and adjust the rings straps length if needed

Sascha Faltinger

i realized that my muscle up i used to train sucks because of bad form. i touch the rings with my forearms in support when pulling up and down. so i just train PE1 and built the next few month up to the next progressions.

the negative muscle up on the video looks different than mine. is it because he is not touching the rings, only with his wrists?