Workout duration

Started by Openeye, February 28, 2014 · 3 Replies · 3,457 Views

Openeye

I Work as a running and cycling instructor, and host classes of 1-2 hours 3 times a week. As i am allready in the gym and it takes me 30 min to travel each way i like to get my strength workout in afterwords, usually lasts about 1-2 more hours. Problem with this is that after the cardio i feel somewhat fatigued, and i don't have as much energy left as i could have had. 

 

I am conserned how much it will take away from my progress strengthwise to have such a long workout, i also read this article (link) that talked about testosterone lvl decreesing during long workouts. Any truth in this?

http://jasonferruggia.com/how-long-should-your-workout-last/

 

Would it be recomended to eat, like a protein shake or something in between, or is it fine just eating before the workout?

 

Also i would be interested in general thoughts on long workouts, both benefits and challanges!

 

 

ForzaCavaliere

You could try get the strength training done before the cardio, rather than after. 

Rayne-William

Eating something small inbetween workouts for extra energy and strength would be better than waiting.

 

Two fairly ripe bananas or a protein bar would be plenty.

Openeye

I don't really have the time to get the strength done before, so thats not really an option. I tried to eat between, diddent really notice any differense in the way i felt, but might still be a good thing to fuel the muscles a little! thanks for tips