This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/SE1 Help

Started by Dan Jeong, February 27, 2014 · 4 Replies · 281 Views

Dan Jeong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlZuVpABhac

 

Here's the video of me doing SL/SE1. I feel really awkward doing SE1 because unless I hit a right angle, I keep rotating around and it just feels impossible to stay stable like the athlete in the course demonstrates. If you look at the video, you can see my body is slightly tilted. Unless I do that, I cannot stay in the same place because I will start rotating. Any tips on how to do this properly? I feel like I am still not doing this right.

Mats Trane

The upper arm should be pulling.

The lower arm pushing.

By pulling it little bit more with the upper arm you should get rid of the tilt.

How long have you been doing it? It takes some practise.

Dan Jeong
Mats Trane said:

The upper arm should be pulling.

The lower arm pushing.

By pulling it little bit more with the upper arm you should get rid of the tilt.

How long have you been doing it? It takes some practise.

Thanks for the tip! My form improved significantly when I started pulling with my upper arm. Thanks a lot.

Mats Trane

Glad it helped!

Dan Jeong
Mats Trane said:

Glad it helped!

I experimented a bit with my form and what I realized was that when my two hands are not exactly aligned in a straight line, I begin to tilt. This might have been obvious for some people but I had to consciously place my hands exactly in a straight line in order to get this element.