I am new to Foundation One and Handstand One and do most of my training at my home. I do not have a means to set up a bar at home for incline push ups. Can I move on to HBP-PE2 ( push ups)? I am able to do 5 sets of 10 reps of regular push ups.
Mike
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Mike71, February 27, 2014 · 15 Replies · 540 Views
I am new to Foundation One and Handstand One and do most of my training at my home. I do not have a means to set up a bar at home for incline push ups. Can I move on to HBP-PE2 ( push ups)? I am able to do 5 sets of 10 reps of regular push ups.
Mike
I find it hard to believe you don't have anything to do them on. I do these on my kitchen table. The counter works as well.
There's no need for a bar. You can use any sturdy object at about the right height.
I did it against the back of a couch.
Also, please do not assume that you can do 5x15r of correctly performed incline pushups with minimal 'rest' if you can do 5x10r of regular pushups. Done correctly (elbows moving along your sides instead of flaring out, chest touching your pushup-surface, only rest you get is the mobility element) these are surprisingly tough.
Thanks. I never thought of using the kitchen counter. It's about hip height for me ( I am 6'2"). Are these supposed to be performed with the feet on a platform like in the video?
Yeah, HBP PE2 are like soft slap in the face - "welcome to GST, bro!"
Michaël van den Berg said:Also, please do not assume that you can do 5x15r of correctly performed incline pushups with minimal 'rest' if you can do 5x10r of regular pushups. Done correctly (elbows moving along your sides instead of flaring out, chest touching your pushup-surface, only rest you get is the mobility element) these are surprisingly tough.
Yup. And don't forget the full protraction and depression at the top of every rep and hollow body/PPT throughout as well. Lots of fun after having already done FL and sPL progressions earlier in the workout. :-)
Yuo don't need anything under your legs. Just do at the kitchen and don't over think it. It´s gonna be good! Horribly good ![]()
Michaël van den Berg said:Also, please do not assume that you can do 5x15r of correctly performed incline pushups with minimal 'rest' if you can do 5x10r of regular pushups. Done correctly (elbows moving along your sides instead of flaring out, chest touching your pushup-surface, only rest you get is the mobility element) these are surprisingly tough.
You were correct. I was no where close to mastery of incline pushups. I changed up my workout routine so that I had access to a Smith Machine bar at the gym tonight. I was only able to do 5 sets of 8 reps and my triceps burned. Thanks for explaining "done correctly" because from the video in my course portal I thought it was a chest exercise. But with my elbows in and having my chest touch the bar, I ended up getting a great tricep workout from just 5 sets of incline push ups.
Sticking point = easy gains! Be happy that you can still milk an easy exercise to nudge up your overall ability ![]()
Mike71 said:You were correct. I was no where close to mastery of incline pushups. I changed up my workout routine so that I had access to a Smith Machine bar at the gym tonight. I was only able to do 5 sets of 8 reps and my triceps burned. Thanks for explaining "done correctly" because from the video in my course portal I thought it was a chest exercise. But with my elbows in and having my chest touch the bar, I ended up getting a great tricep workout from just 5 sets of incline push ups.
Which means those 5x10 push-ups you could do were not of the same standard as the incline push-ups you did. I disagree with what Michael van den Berg said. I know that mastering a later PE does not necessarily mean you mastered an earlier PE, but in this case with incline push-ups vs. push-ups, you can always do more incline push-ups than push-ups (assuming both are done with the same form) since incline push-ups are a watered down version and also does not require more mobility.
I am not sure what it is I said that you can disagree with. You say "Which means those 5x10 push-ups you could do were not of the same standard as the incline push-ups you did", which is exactly what I implied in my post.
My bad, I thought you implied that the regular push-ups (PE2) were done with the same form (elbows in, etc.) in your post instead of push-ups with a different form like elbows flared out.
The word "skip" shouldn't be pronounced in this forum ![]()
Adriano Augusto said:The word "skip" shouldn't be pronounced in this forum
Unless it has to do with a jump rope ![]()