This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE4 - reps?

Started by Michael Taylor, February 26, 2014 · 11 Replies · 366 Views

Michael Taylor

In the original (downloadable) version of F1, the mastery reps for this exercise was 5x10r

In the current version, it is 5x5r

Are we being let off?

Jon Douglas

Should be 5x5x10s :)

dritar

JON: Isn't that PE5 ? PE4 is bench dips.

Jon Douglas
dritar said:

JON: Isn't that PE5 ? PE4 is bench dips.

GAH sorry, forgot they were there ^_^

At least 5x10; without checking I thought bench was actually 5x15 ^_^ def says 5x5 currently... seems very light indeed...

Spphysio

Yes 5 x 5 seems really light...Would also love to hear from others whether it is 5 x 5 or 5 x 10. I remember it was 5 x 10 in the past.

Michael Taylor

In lieu of an official answer, I will test myself at 5 x 10r when the time comes :icon_twisted:

 

I am within a whisker of mastery on ppp - doesn't look to be harder than that, more a case of moving into a new movement family...

 

 

Ravn

Regardless of whether it is 5x5 or 5x10, you will fly through PE4 once you've mastered PE3. So to cover your bases, just do 5x10.

dritar

I'm thinking it's a typo. I know these things aren't linear, but 5x5 bench dips after you've gone through 5x10 Pseudo Planche Pushups seems like a drop in intensity.

 

 

Kind regards.

IcedDante
Ravn said:

Regardless of whether it is 5x5 or 5x10, you will fly through PE4 once you've mastered PE3. So to cover your bases, just do 5x10.

Hmm... I don't think I agree. I expect PE4 to be easy for me, but I don't think PE3 really targets the triceps that strongly.

Ravn
IcedDante said:

Hmm... I don't think I agree. I expect PE4 to be easy for me, but I don't think PE3 really targets the triceps that strongly.

Neither does pe4, since full bodyweight is not applied. When you try it, you'll know what I mean.

Michael Taylor

I notice that in the course materials this one has now snuck back up to 5x10r :)

William

i tried yesterday 4x10 reps, doable :)
5x10 is also doable, but i want to train this position a bit, because after my first workout with the bench dips i felt pain for days in the front of my shoulder, so i must come from that, maybe i was getting to deep, but while performing no pain, nothing felt wrong :(