This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

#Slack a communications tool that might be worth a look

Started by Cole Dano, February 25, 2014 · 5 Replies · 18 Views

Cory Fair

I like the idea, but it appears to be a hosted service rather than one we can install on our own servers. For private business communications, I do not trust services to handle our data.

Cole Dano

Cory I got the invite today, what if we evaluate it between just you and I? Or are you totally opposed to it?

Cory Fair
Cole Dano said:

Cory I got the invite today, what if we evaluate it between just you and I? Or are you totally opposed to it?

 

Still opposed on security concerns.

Cole Dano

Tech support says they are planning a self-hosted version in the future, though it's a good year + off.

 

I've been using it for my other project, and like it very much, so will keep an eye on it.