This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How to schedule if you miss a day?

Started by The Hansenator, February 25, 2014 · 2 Replies · 178 Views

The Hansenator

What do you do when you miss a schedule workout?

If you're following a M,T, Th,F schedule and you miss a workout, how do you make it up? When I miss a Friday, I just do the work on Saturday but what if it's a Monday or Tuesday you miss?

Since this is a backoff week, maybe I'll just do the Mon and Tues together today. During non-backoff weeks, there might be time and energy restrictions.

piotro

I think more important is to not mess up with the following days. So if you missed a day then do whatever that will not affect your next days, otherwise it may not only be one isolated day lost, but more. What exactly you want to do - depends how you feel, where are you with your programming, issues - maybe do extra stretching, etc.

If this happen during your deload week - I wouldn't worry that much about one missed day, do some stretching, take it as more rest for next training cycle, ...

Cory Fair
piotro said:

I think more important is to not mess up with the following days. So if you missed a day then do whatever that will not affect your next days, otherwise it may not only be one isolated day lost, but more. What exactly you want to do - depends how you feel, where are you with your programming, issues - maybe do extra stretching, etc.

If this happen during your deload week - I wouldn't worry that much about one missed day, do some stretching, take it as more rest for next training cycle, ...

 

Exactly on point. :)