Hello all,
I'm very new and wanted to gather some opinions on something i've been struggling with and obsessing over, quite honestly.
I'm a fresh white belt brazillian jiu jitsu player and i love it. So my goals are to get as strong as i can while remaining light and increase my mobility significantly. A huge concern of mine is staying injury free as herniated discs and neck injuries are a major problem in BJJ. The "structural integrity" that GST provides is really attractive to me and i've only just begun playing with the foundation one & handstand one courses.
I have an online personal trainer i've been working with for around 6 months and only just switched up my training to be more BJJ geared. The said trainer happens to be a seasoned black belt / champion as well. Here is what the recommend protocol looks like roughly:
Reverse Get-up
Sumo barbell dead lift
Weighted towel chin-ups
Single leg standing calf raise
Hanging Leg Raise
Kettlebell Swings heavy
Zercher Squats
Weighted dips
Weighted Pull ups
Neck Work
Guard Sit ups on a heavy bag
Its pretty good and only performed a couple of times a week to prevent overtraining.
I guess i'm just confused as to what i should do. Because of my goals, stay the course with this heavy weight work or cut the personal trainer loose and jump into GST?
I'd love to hear from some people on the benefits GST has given them over previous weight training experiences.
Apologies if what i'm asking doesn't make much sense, i'm just tired of weighing the pros and cons in my head constantly. Thanks for any help.