Medial side of knee injury

Started by sasquatch, April 15, 2009 · 3 Replies · 2,404 Views

sasquatch

About two months ago I was practicing flairs on floor and while swinging it, I landed on my knee cap and it got pulled. It didn't feel that bad at the time but the day after, it was really sore.

Ever since then the inside of my knee feels weird when I do certain things like calf stretches, low sqauts or splits where the leg with the pain is in back of me.

I've already whent to the drs. and he said he doesn't think I tore anything, and I should take a few weeks off... I've already took a few weeks off though and it feels the same.

Anybody have ideas?

braindx

Massage to the muscles at least 30 mins per day, if there's no swelling then heat after you workout... otherwise ice.

maybe a kneecap stabilization brace

Basically get everything loose, and swelling down to hopefully see if it's just tight muscles from doing some minor trauma.

sasquatch

Thank you, those are some good ideas. :D

I don't ever remember it swelling, does that mean theres probably not a tear and just a tight muscle?

braindx
sasquatch said:
Thank you, those are some good ideas. :D

I don't ever remember it swelling, does that mean theres probably not a tear and just a tight muscle?

Hopefully. There IS connective tissue that surrounds the patella so you could've torn that...