This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Just a quick Q about training schedules

Started by Micawberian, February 25, 2014 · 3 Replies · 240 Views

Micawberian

Hey, all

As my foundation has started progressing more into the strength side of things, I'm finding my ability to recover before the next session has decreased. This was expected, because I already knew for years now I am a very low recovery kind of person when it comes to strength.

I'm just looking for some verification: In the handstand workout schedule section, the note is "**you also have the option of inserting the day 1 or day 2 HS Only days directly into your previously established foundation schedule"

Does this mean I can mix a low recovery **F7** schedule with a 2 day HS only schedule? Looks like:

Week 1:

Su: H1

Mon: F7

Wed: H1

Fri: F7

 

Week 2:

Tue: H1
Wed: F7

Is this correct? I much rather prefer F7 to F4/F3 split. My really big concern though is infrequent H1 training. I'm still on PE7 so no FS HS, but I am assuming that because it is skill work, theoretically someone will make more progress on a more frequent training schedule, yes?

Riku Calderón

Dont think it means that. I think it means that you can continue your preferable F4/F3 program as you called it and intergate your H1 sessions in it.

I dont think that it matters alot how you mix it. It just have to work for you.

Im doing 8 day week or 4 how you prefer it.

F4

F3

H1

Rest

I always do everything very close to my limit or try to increase it. So I need the "2 day" rest.

Micawberian

Well, the thing about doing F4/F3 on a low recovery schedule means that during mastery week you do F4 twice that week, and F3 only once. If we are talking about low recovery individuals, there is such a world of difference between, for example, having to test FL mastery twice in that week but SL mastery is only tested once. The deload is also set up so that there are two F3 deload days but only one F4 deload day.

If you stack everything into F7, that means on the low recovery schedule every exercise get's worked at the same frequency. Which is why it would make more sense to me to stack a low recovery F7 on top of a 2 day HS...instead of a low recovery F4/F3 on top of a 2 day HS.

I hope this explanation illuminates what I mean?

Michael Taylor

^ True if you are fitting it into a 7 day week.

If, however, your schedule is based on micro cycles of work and not weekly cycles, then everything works ok.

To look at Riku's 4 day program, for example, 4 micro cycles of 8 days give a 'block' of work as defined by the course structure, and everything gets worked evenly.

If training on the same days of the week is not important to you, this flexibility gives more options to your programming

Personally, I have been using a two-on, one off template (6 day week - (F4, F3 + H1, rest) x 2), but am looking hard at Riku's pattern to give a bit more recovery