This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Return after sickness

Started by JN12, February 24, 2014 · 5 Replies · 146 Views

JN12

Hey guys,

 

In the next few days I'm going to do my first workout after 5 weeks off due to being sick (was only coughing, but I couldn't work out because as soon as I exerted myself I was coughing really hard).

 

I read in multiple threads that one should start with a deload week, which is probalby a good idea. But the threads I found were about a week off not over a month as in my case, so my question is:

 

Which deload week should I start with? 

 

- the last one I did

- week 12 of the previous element, then test mastery of that element again the next week

- start again at week 1 one of the element and see how it goes

 

I was going to do a mixture of 2 and 3 depending on the element, but I wanted to hear your thoughts.

 

Thanks!

HamdiC

This has happened to me a few times (although not 5 full weeks). What I've done is to attempt to do the same workout that I had last done... usually I can't make the reps, but I quickly get an idea of where I am at that point, and just start from there, making it the first week of a micro-cycle.

JN12

Thanks Hamdi,

 

that's what I'm going to do for FL for example. But I think if I'm doing that with sPL and SLS maybe my joints will complain... but I'll see.

 

Had you to go back to previous elements?

JN12

I took option 3 today and started at week 1. Felt like I could have done quite a bit more but didn't want to push it.

Quite pleased that I didn't loose as much as I feared.  :)  I tried to keep up with good nutrition though, I think this helped. 

 

I'll do that tomorrow as well and decide next week if I have to build up from there or whether I can do more.

HamdiC

I never had to go back to previous elements. But like you I wouldn't try to push myself too hard the first workout back, but use it as a guage to see where I am roughly and take it from there.

Alan Tseng

I'd repeat the last mini-cycle you did before you got sick.