This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

alternative to stall bars for RC/PE1>im

Started by palmcron, February 23, 2014 · 11 Replies · 461 Views

palmcron

Hi,

 

I'm wondering, what people are using when they don't have stall bars for RC/PE1>im?

Dzosh

I take my trusty PVC pipe and put it behind a deck support. If you have access to a squat rack or smith machine, you could put the bar at the appropriate height. I've also just held onto a door frame.

Jordan Chavez

At the gym, smythe machine. (I hang the rings on this too!) At home, I use wrap a band around a doorknob, close the door so that the band is coming out the other side, and lean on that.

howens

I just hold on to a door jamb.

Nash

Before I got my stall bars I used the kitchen sink. Waist height and solid.

Destiny
ewethestuff said:

I have a dowel/bar that I lay across the opposite side of a doorframe, works great. Could be done with broom or some such.

this seems like the best and easiest option.

 

I use railings on my 2nd floor stopping you from falling to the 1st but I have also experimented with a heavy dresser. Hug the back and use your feet/legs to stop it from falling on you. Do not recommend that though its kind of stupid

MattProulx
Nash said:

Before I got my stall bars I used the kitchen sink. Waist height and solid.

That's awesome, I use the kitchen sink when its -30 and I don't want to workout in the garage. 

jshaw

We have a half wall between the kitchen and living room area that's about waist high, I just grab onto that.  I have some time, but I'm eventually going to have to come up with a better alternative when different heights are required.

palmcron

Thanks for the responses. I'll try to get ahold of a PVC pipe or similar.

Very helpful to have such a great community!

Reto Dahinden

I use TRX Suspension Trainer.

Ben Lawlis

Kitchen sink is a little low for me, So I've been using a raised part of the kitchen bench. Works quite well.

Kyle West

Here are some ideas: a door frame, the rings themselves, a wooden beam, a doorknob, the spoiler on a car, truck tailgate, or a field goal post (and you can hang rings from it too). Basically anything vertical or horizontal at the right height will work.