This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Im 1 form check
Started by Jaakko Jylh, February 23, 2014 · 5 Replies · 162 Views
Looks really good!
The shoulders/upper part looks great. Check the demo video again and try to keep your back straight from tail to the base of the neck. You don't want that curve in your lower spine. Lots of people have had issues with the cross legged sitting and mobility, and I could guess this might be your issue as well.
TANSTAAFL said:The shoulders/upper part looks great. Check the demo video again and try to keep your back straight from tail to the base of the neck. You don't want that curve in your lower spine. Lots of people have had issues with the cross legged sitting and mobility, and I could guess this might be your issue as well.
Thanks for answering. I will try to focus on that next time.
For what I see you clearly want to semi-dislocate as your elbow pits aren't facing each other but forwards. For this iM you've to keep your elbow pits facing each other. This is REALLY important to active the traps.
Adriano Augusto said:For what I see you clearly want to semi-dislocate as your elbow pits aren't facing each other but forwards. For this iM you've to keep your elbow pits facing each other. This is REALLY important to active the traps.
Yes I was aware that I'm not supposed to dislocate, but to pull the shoulders straigth back. I thought that I was doing it correctly since I thought the shoulders were not rotating and I felt it in the traps.
Today I tried to do this movement with my elbow bits facing each other and even with a wide grip I was not able to do that. I checked the handstand one video and the hand position seems very similar to my form? It seems that in both videos the the elbow pits are something like 45 degrees forward?