This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Fl/Pe6 Lower Back Pain

Started by Robmob, February 22, 2014 · 3 Replies · 98 Views

Robmob

So I can do Fl for the first 5 elements with good form, however as soon as I start to do Pe6 i have a horrible pain in my lower back, its not muscular pain i cant really seem to describe it. Its keeping me from doing any holds longer than 20 seconds and thus its being quite a nuisance. To add salt to the injury this is a pretty new development, I was able to do 5*60 rocks for a while but decided to let my SL catch up before i go to Pe7. Does anybody else experience this? Any tips on what to do against it?

The funny thing is I can do FL pulls and keep the position for about a second, with decent form. In a sense, my FL itself has improved altough I havent been able to do Pe6 in weeks. I was thinking of doing Pe5 and Pe7 together since theres no point in just wasting time.

 

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente

Your is a clear example of "compensation". probably your are combining tight hips flexor + tigth shoulder in one movement and your body compensates it by arching the lower back. that is pretty common where there isn't a balance in terms of flexibility. try to upload a video where you show 10-12 reps of hollow rocks.

strme

i have pain in lower back at pe6 if i loose form ,its mean arching..  trying to reallyy fight with that every time..  its getting better and better

Robmob

Ironically today I did it without any pain, I focused on my lower back and it went away. Ill upload a video tomorrow. I needed to do that anyway since im doubting on how much to rock on the upperbody and lowerbody.

Thanks