On both exercises, the mobility piece is where I would get held back, but I'm very happy with how they both progressed. Endurance on the tuck ups proved a little more challenging than I expected, but I powered through it.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by jshaw, February 22, 2014 · 4 Replies · 154 Views
On both exercises, the mobility piece is where I would get held back, but I'm very happy with how they both progressed. Endurance on the tuck ups proved a little more challenging than I expected, but I powered through it.
Deck squats look good. The Skiers should be slowed down a bit and try to stay a little more upright when going down.
Tuck ups look like they need a little more compression on the top. You hands shouldn't touch the ground, for balance or any other assistance. What helps me is slowing down the beginning half of the rep and then compressing hard in the second half.
Windmills, again, should be slowed down, and also check the demo video again and adjust your stance/feet. They should be more perpendicular.
I would stick with the last microcycle for at least another time through, then repost here. See ya soon
.
Both PE's look fine from what I can see. Your legs look like they are touching your abdomen at the top of the tuck-ups (which is the most compression you're going to get).
On the Skiers you don't need to go as low as you are in the movement (which is why your back is rounding so much), watch the demo video again and pay attention to how low the athlete's hips lower in the movement and then compare it to your video.
On the windmills, try to film yourself from the same angle as is demo'd in the video, that makes comparison easier (this is actually a good practice to do in all cases, unless maybe you are having issues with a specific portion that a different angle will help illustrate better).
Keegan said:Both PE's look fine from what I can see. Your legs look like they are touching your abdomen at the top of the tuck-ups (which is the most compression you're going to get).
Yeah, good catch. I think it's the lack of balance that I mistook for lack of compression.
Don't throw your arms in the tuck ups. Make it a nice smooth transition.