Am I performing this with sufficient ROM?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Form check: SL/PE1
Started by KenW, February 21, 2014 · 7 Replies · 168 Views
I'm getting a 404 error from your link.
Thank you. I just corrected.
Video is private. Set it to Not listed ![]()
Thank you for the head's up. I'm batting a 1000 here. I hope my form is better than my ability to properly upload a video.
First thing I noticed is that your knees are bent; you need to lock them straight (literally, contract your quads hard to keep them locked straight throughout the movement). Start with that.
Knees are bent and hips seem to have a bit of pike. You are relying on good lumbar flexibility and don't carry the curvature to the rest of the spine. Your shoulders are also not open enough
Squeeze your butt and think about touching your toes to the wall behind you. Then reach as far forward as you can to the wall in front with open shoulders (use a bar if necessary). Then activate the curvature and pull yourself off the ground more without loosing the tightness in the legs and arms.
Daniel Burnham said:Squeeze your butt and think about touching your toes to the wall behind you. Then reach as far forward as you can to the wall in front with open shoulders (use a bar if necessary). Then activate the curvature and pull yourself off the ground more without loosing the tightness in the legs and arms.
This is the first I've seen using a bar mentioned to help. This is the only way I can even approximate the position, by sort of doing a near dislocate (actually more like HS PE1>iM than a dislocate), but I gave it up as "cheating." I can do 5x60s with the bar, but only like week 0 without (ignoring the legs). Is this a good way to progress? Should I go back to using it?