This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wall walks & Wall Extensions

Started by Mats Trane, April 13, 2009 · 4 Replies · 1,024 Views

Mats Trane

Hi

I can tell that Wall walks & Wall Extensions keep coming back in the Wods. What is the reason for this?

Blairbob

They are assistance exercises for developing flexible shoulders and back. The wall walks also serve as a good exercise for developing strength in the trunk.

Farago316

If I can already perform a bridge from a standing position with ease, will bridge wall walks still benefit me? I'm trying to be able to perform a handstand from a bridge without kicking off. Right now I still need to slightly tap my feet.

Richard Duelley
Farago316 said:
If I can already perform a bridge from a standing position with ease, will bridge wall walks still benefit me? I'm trying to be able to perform a handstand from a bridge without kicking off. Right now I still need to slightly tap my feet.

If you cant then stand back up without assistance then yes they should help you. I think the overall goal is: From standing :arrow: lower to bridge :arrow: stand back up, all without assistance. When I do the wall walks I try to put my chest and stomach against the wall when I get to the bottom to try and help my shoulder/back flexibility even more.

Razz

You can also elevate your hands and do front limbers that way, i know coach's kids does this :twisted: