This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Momentum in WP, FKP, FTP

Started by mcneuen, February 21, 2014 · 2 Replies · 133 Views

mcneuen

I know momentum is nearly a dirty word, but I'm not sure how else to phrase my question.

 

In the various pushup variations (WP, FKP, FTP), how much should/may we incorporate the speed created by the pushup part of the movement to get up onto the knuckles or fingers?  For the first knuckle pushups, for example, I'm pretty close if I don't interrupt the speed of the pushup, but if the expectation is that most of the lift from the plank up onto the first knuckles comes from the hand/forearms, I've got a much longer way to go.  It's hard to imagine ever being able to get onto fingertips without taking advantage of the pushup speed.  I'm not asking about such a plyometric pushup that the hands/forearms aren't doing any work.  I guess another way of asking is how much should I be looking to my hands/forearms to carry the burden in the top of these pushups? 

 

Thanks.

 

 

strme

simply, slower its mean with control. its for sure better.  i dont want to say that i have no momentum at this pushups..but i still trying  go as smooth is possible. i doing this with every workout in F and H.

 

favorite answer is also, dont overthink ;)

Joshua Slocum

Emulate the speed of the athlete demonstrating the movement. Film yourself to double-check.