This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Planche Progression Push-ups

Started by ChrisUK, February 21, 2014 · 3 Replies · 241 Views

ChrisUK

Hey all,

 

I have been maintaining my tuck planche pushups and adv. tuck front lever pulls since I started foundation, however I have purposely not added more volume to them or gone on to a higher progression, though I know I can.

 

I am wondering when a good idea to add focused work on them would be. Would it be at the end of F4, or is it advisable to do them after my sPL and FL corresponding element (ie after my tuck planche and iM then do the tuck planche push-ups?).

 

I am leaning towards the latter, but would like to see what you guys are doing and any suggestions you may have.

 

Thanks,

 

Chris. 

Bipocni
ChrisUK said:

....I am wondering when a good idea to add focused work on them would be. Would it be at the end of F4.....

Pretty sure by the end of F4 you'll have moved beyond tuck progressions.

 

Honestly, there's no need to work on them at all (except for fun).  You've said yourself that you know you can do more now than when you started Foundation, which mean that Foundation is already making you improve in those abilities.  You'll still keep getting better at them just by training with your Foundation workouts.

 

But, you know, training should be fun.  So just add a couple sets after your Foundation workouts and don't worry so much about 'focused work'.  Remember, Foundation is the real focus.  Right now you're just playing.

Joshua Slocum

Basically what Bipocni said. There nothing to be gained from adding dedicated work on PPU or FL rows on top of Foundation - it'll just slow down your Foundation progress. By the time you're done with Foundation you should already have or be very close to sPLPU and full-lay FL rows anyways. 

 

However, if you want to play with those movements in the meantime, then do so. 

ChrisUK

Alrighty, thanks guys. I'll focus on mastering foundation and then adding the rings series instead of working on these progressions, for now. Though I'll definitely be playing around with them. ;) A sPLPU is just way too cool a skill to not work towards.