So I will be cycling across the country this summer to raise money and awareness for people with disabilities. Although I am excited to do this especially because it is for a good cause, I am NOT excited to lose muscle because I will be biking around 80 miles a day for 2 months. So the question is, what would be the ideal diet for me in order not to lose any muscle? Am I not going to lose muscle as long as my calories intake is more than what I burn?
I'm going to be doing Foundation series to at least maintain the amount of strength I currently have. I honestly am not even expecting to increase any strength. As long as I don't lose any, I will be quite happy. I really hope that I have enough energy to workout after biking for 80 miles.
I am going to take Glutamine and BCAAs to boost my recovery and reduce the amount of muscle loss but if you have any suggestion on what other supplements that I can take, let me know as well.
Thanks!