This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 090413

Started by Coach Sommer, April 13, 2009 · 5 Replies · 1,179 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20090413.jpg

Perform 3 sets each of:

1 Embedded BL + 5 XR Bulgarian Rows

1 Embedded PL + 5 XR Bulgarian Pushups

1 Embedded FL + 4 Circular HLL

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier row/pushup variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

3) If any of the movements are too difficult or easy for the prescribed repetition range, scale them accordingly with another movement from the same family.

4) Choose an embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold for 5-10 seconds per rep.

5) Hang weight from a dip belt to increase the load if either the XR Bulgarian Rows or Pushups are not challenging enough in the 5 rep range.

6) If necessary, decrease the tempo of the circular HLL to increase load.

7) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the workout.

Nobodystopsdblob

Perform 3 sets each of:

1 Embedded BL 10 count + 5 XR Bulgarian Rows

1 Embedded PL tuck 10 count + 5 XR Bulgarian Pushups

1 Embedded FL tuck 10 count tried to stick out a leg each time + 4 Circular HLL sort of tucked circles on pull up bar.

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks skipped for time

Whoops, sorry on the skip at the end. I don't usually but today time was critical.

heinrich

1 Embedded BL (advanced tuck) 5 seconds + 5 Bulgarian Rows on Rings

1 Embedded PL (tuck with feet against the wall) 7 seconds + 5 Bulgarian Pushups on Rings

1 Embedded FL (tuck) 5 seconds + 5 HLL.

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks.

Quick question on tuck PL with feet against the wall.

Is this is a propper progression? I guess so because I saw it in a video of Dominic Lacasse http://www.metacafe.com/watch/347175/ac ... e_planche/ (at 0:34).

I was just wondering because it was never mentioned on this site.

Thanks in advance!

Coach Sommer
Quick question on tuck PL with feet against the wall. Is this is a proper progression?

I have never used that variation. However feel free to experiment with it and then please share your results with the rest of the forum.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Blairbob

Did this one on Monday night. Couldn't really weight it unfortunately because both of the first 2 were too easy. I think I need to do the circular HLL slower so they are more challenging but they cramped my quads anyways.

BL was done from extending from a tuck to 1/2 lay and straddle. All of these are simple compared to straight which I held for about 6s. Planche was done somewhat low from a pushup position on long parallettes and then into the tuck for 6s. FL was done by lowering down from invert for 10 in advanced tuck.

Noted in my workout log, I did about 30-45m of skills besides some earlier ring series that were done "cold" during team workout. I also added in some leg work of depth jump to box jump, 3 sets of 5 to 24 or 30 inches though I failed later when trying to do a box jump of 40 or so. There were some weighted SLS, 3 sets, as well and some more tumbling after, including some horrific back tucks that were deleted.

Finished with the shoulder/back mobility.

heinrich
Coach Sommer said:
please share your results with the rest of the forum.

I sure will :D

So far I can tell, that I've been doing the "Planche with the wall" in the WOD's which contain giant sets for about 6 weeks now and they are getting better each workout.

I can't do the tuck PL. Even the frogstand with straight arms is not solid enough for a 5-10 seconds hold. The frogstand with bend arms is to easy. This is why I do the PL with the wall.