This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Which of the seven is the hardest one?

Started by Erik Rissanen, February 19, 2014 · 13 Replies · 621 Views

Erik Rissanen

I'm just curious. Of the seven stated end goals of the Foundation course, which is the hardest? Which is the easiest? To define "hardest", think of how they would be rated hypothetically based on similar principles as gymnastics skills are rated for competition purposes.

 

I would think that SLS is the easiest one. Mostly because I can see myself managing that one the easiest based on how things are going for me.

 

I would guess sPL is the hardest, but that's just a guess.

Micawberian

I agree that SLS is easiest...by far.  MN may be the hardest. It is the highest rated skill out of the foundation elements, too.

Joshua Slocum

SLS is definitely the easiest. It doesn't even take all four foundation courses to get there.

 

Out of the other six, the hardest will depend on your individual body type and training history. For example, my strength is very pushing/anterior chain dominant, so the straddle planche is the easiest for me to do, followed by the HBP. The more pulling-oriented skills; RC, MN and FL; are more difficult for me, and SL is somewhere in the middle. 

Bipocni

Given the total amount of people in the world that have achieved each of them, I would say manna would definitely be the hardest.

Alessandro Mainente

for me the from easier to harder RC, HBP, SL, SLS, PL, MN. probably without soccer legs they could be equally hard.

Keilani Gutierrez

....so nobody thinks the mobility is hard? 

 

pssssh

 

okay. okay. 

Jon Douglas

For me easiest to hardest in order of my progress on them;

SLS, SL, RC, Mn, FL, HBP, sPl.

No doubt in the next six.months that manna will go where its supposed to-- at the end

IcedDante

Wait- are we talking about which progressions are the hardest or which of the final movements are hardest? I thought it was the latter and I would just imagine that it is not even up for debate: Manna would clearly be the most difficult. The strange thing about that is I'm farther ahead on Manna that I am on the other non SLS movements... but I have a very confident suspicion that will change soon enough!

Daniel Burnham

I spent the same amount of time on the last two progressions of manna that I spent on the equivalent of foundation 1-3.

Erik Rissanen

Yes, I meant the final movements only. And I meant, how would you rate them for a hypothetical competition which would include scorings for these skills, so "it depends on the person" is not a valid answer. ;)

 

I did not think of MN, but now that it is mentioned, I would guess that's the hardest one.

Jon Douglas
Daniel Burnham said:

I spent the same amount of time on the last two progressions of manna that I spent on the equivalent of foundation 1-3.

Yknow, as long as it comes, Im 100% ok with that! :)

ausswe

I think if I was at the last couple progressions of manna my life would already be complete :P

Daniel Söderberg

Easiest to hardest

SLS - SL - RC - FL - HBP - Spl - MN

 

Already able to do both SLS, SL, RC a bit, not perfect form but still.

Bipocni

The amount of people that post here saying they've just tried a rope climb and surprised themselves, I'd actually put it just after SLS.  Bare in mind though, I don't know what the final rope climb elements are...