This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Metcon after foundation?

Started by ausswe, February 19, 2014 · 4 Replies · 295 Views

ausswe

Hej everyone,

I've been looking into metcon lately a d I was wondering if it would be beneficial to incorporate it immediately after my foundation training or would that hinder my progress? Honestly I know nothing about metcon except I believe the idea is to raise your heart rate quite high for short period of time with short rests over and over again for 5-20 mins :P.

Anyway my plan was to do sprints/acrobatic kicking work immediately after foundation training on days 1 and 3.

Any thoughts or suggestions welcome. Also forgive me is what I am writing sounds completely ridiculous I have no idea about this stuff.

Cheers

P.s. if anyone has any information on metcon or knows somewhere I can find some useful info without being bombarded with advertisement for some energy drink you have to take before doing metcon that would be awesome too.

ausswe

From what I understand it doesn't really matter the exercises you do as long as your heart rate is pumping and my main concern is whether or not it is wise to do straight after foundation training and if there is any benefit to adding it into my routine at all? Ill check out the website though thanks for that.

I was looking At startinwith something like Tamara protocol.

Daniel Burnham

Coach has recommended that some sort of conditioning be done about twice a week in addition to foundation.  Personally I like doing sprints so I am currently doing sprints on saturdays.  You can pick whatever day you like as long as it does not interfere with recovery of Foundation. 

ausswe

That is interesting to hear. Did coach have any preference for conditioning and do you think it would be better to sprints directly after a foundation session or on a separate day? Also how long do you sprint for? I was thinking of tabata straight after foundation as I have read that it is more beneficial after strength training session but I haven't found any information on the reasoning behind that. I do 10km distance running 1-2 times a week already.

Also what are the benefits from metcon? All I find is broscience when I look for info about it on google.

Thanks for the info and sorry for asking so many questions.