This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL PE7 - FL PE12 with Shoulders Elevated

Started by neil gillies, February 18, 2014 · 9 Replies · 384 Views

neil gillies

Hi All,

 

I was wondering if it is beneficial to perform all of the above exercises with the shoulders elevated as per the video of FL PE10. I recently tried this for FL PE9 and enjoyed the extra intensity. Or, is this an unnecessary step that will just result in it taking me longer to reach FL PE13 without significant additional benefits?

 

Thanks,

Neil

Murray Truelove

EDIT - Coach's answer below contradicts mine so please ignore.

Sounds unnecessary, I'd just shoot for mastery sooner.

Only case where you might want to increase intensity is while stuck on a IM, though Coach has warned that this just widens the gap between strength and mobility.

Coach Sommer

Performing these with the shoulders up on an elevated surface will pay enormous strength dividends that you will find quite beneficial later as you progress onto the more advanced FL variations.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

neil gillies

Thanks Coach,

 

Elevated it is from now on then! :)

 

Neil

ausswe

Hmmm well I think I might try this as well.

Shaolintobbe

Are you guys doing elevated on PE13 & 14 as well? I´m going to try.

EDM

What do you guys use to elevate shoulders?

I'm still looking for the best solution and was thinking of buying the same red, half cylinder shown in PE10.... it looks very confortable to allow you to better concentrate in the exercise... but no idea where to find it!

By the way, what type of extra strenght would this develop? is it more in the core or the upper body?

asking because I noticed that while the first time I was doing body lever i felt fatigue mainly in the core (even doing 2-3 reps was tearing apart my abdomen ), now the stress is only minimum, but I feel more fatigue on the upper body/ arms/ shoulders and everything i use to grab to the bar....is this because my core got stronger or I'm doingsomething wrong?

Christian

The thing is called an Edge pommel trainer or something to that effect. A bit on the expensive side to buy just for this purpose.

I have also experienced the core vs upper body fatigue you speak of and I believe it to be weak core. Once I went back and mastered FLPE6 with arms up instead of down, I noticed much less fatigue in the core but still it's hard to pull.

That's why we have these progressions :-)

DonGray

So for FL/PE10 body lever we can just do them on the floor also?

And if we can, are we allowed the whole body to come in contact on the floor when we lower or should we aim to keep the feet from touching?  (I don't want to cheat on this!)

 

I was wondering about this as keeping the whole body elevated is a whole different beast and level of torture  :icon_twisted:

 
J0X

If you do not do them elevated (which I highly recommend you do), then your ROM obviously won't be as great.

 

The key thing is to maintain full body tension at all times. If the body brushes the ground briefly it does not matter.