Knee soreness on SLS

Started by alimac, April 12, 2009 · 3 Replies · 2,744 Views

alimac

I get a bit of soreness in my left knee when working on the SLS negatives. I'm pretty good with body awareness and my technique is good and I try to keep my weight over my heel so I don't put too much pressure on the knee, but it still is fairly sore. The good news is that it doesn't last or feel sore the next day and it's not so painful that I can't do them.

Is this normal to get a bit of pain as I suppose the knees are being put under a bit of stress after all!

Sorry just realised this is probably in the wrong section, still any advice would be good! :wink:

Coach Sommer

You are exceeding your current level of strength and comfortable ROM during the negative SLS. My recommendation is to back up and spend time with Graduated SLS.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

alimac

Thanks for that coach, will do as advised.

Ortprod

I had to stop doing SLS because I tried to see what my max was... If I do SLS with my right leg I get pain under my patella.

Let us know if you have success working it.