This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pullovers and Naners

Started by Hardy Evans, February 18, 2014 · 5 Replies · 348 Views

Hardy Evans

Almost done with RC/PE15 (Wide-grip L-pullups) and I was just curious what the benefits of pullovers and naners are, and what muscles they hit. I've played around with them a bit, and they seem like a skill that doesn't involve as much strength as wide l-pullups (though to be fair I've never actually attempted multiple sets/reps). Do these take significantly more strength than RC/PE15, and are do they mostly hit the same muscles (lats, shoulders, etc.)?

 

And while I'm on the topic of RC questions, do people generally find that once they master TOPs pull they are ready for yewki's? I know theoretically you should be able to do a yewki after you master TOPSspull based on the order of progression, but the strength required for a yewki just seems so far off from where I am, whereas the TOPs pulls don't seem nearly as difficult. Just curious...

Jon Douglas

Pullovers and naners just begin the whole multi-plane pulling series; they don't require as much strength as wide L pulls but the mppu series will ramp up quickly :)

If your TOPs pulls are not hard enough, slow them down and ensure you have a totally straight body, passing through a bent arm FL to get up :) don't fall or swing out of it. I was surprised to find that Yewkis for sets of 3 were fine for me after TOPs pulls when I took a few weeks to ensure they were done with particular control.

Alessandro Mainente

Passing over the mpp movements you move the stress over brachialis (especially in the curl part) since the grip is completely prone, this is a good preparation for the rope climbing!

kalel

do u consider that pe20 + pe21 are harder than yewkis?

Alessandro Mainente

harder is reductive, i feel that my joints are well prepared and that they can recover in between the training sessions.

Ravn

Just mastered pullovers yesterday. They were harder than I thought, because the first couple of reps feel so easy. I've been getting a good pump as I got nearer 5x5, though. Wonderful exercise!