This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE9 weakness

Started by RyanC, February 18, 2014 · 2 Replies · 155 Views

RyanC

I am feeling ridiculously weak on this exercise. This is the first time in the entire foundation that i have moved on to a strength element and felt like i need to work into this slowly. I am on one rep and i can't even do the one rep with full ROM. Anyone else have this issue. I have lots of mobility issues but goodness this one has me feeeling like i need to go back to Foundation 0!

 

Anyone have any tips on getting stronger outside of the Rx'd moves. I have full range on the IM. But those stall bars have me feeling weak!

Jon Douglas

Sorry :)

Sometimes it's easy, and sometimes we have to run the full 12 week cycle. It doesn't happen often, but it does give you a solid indication of where your weaknesses are.

It's hard to stomach flying through the courses and then getting stuck with struggling with 3x1--- I know! :D but improvement comes, and those weeks keep passing and add up faster than you think :) You need to out-stubborn it and keep applying your best effort. If you are stimulating the right areas, improvement is inevitable. Just don't give up.

 

As long as I respect my rest days, I find I can add more work of whatever I'm doing on a given day without suffering. For eg), although I've changed my schedule now, not long ago I was running the 4day split. I found I could train eg) HBP/RC/sPL/FL either in more sets or in another session that day without any problems-- as long as i didnt try to add that session to another day. So if you were to want to get more singles in, which I always do, I found this didn't affect overall progress. YMMV of course. Good luck!

Mats Trane

Just hang in there they will come! These took me som extra time as well.

Now I'm finally progressing on SL/pE 10 . What helped me on these was the first 3 IM's from H2. I warm up with these before I start the SL/PE 10 works nice!