This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

pike press

Started by BMJD, February 18, 2014 · 5 Replies · 298 Views

BMJD

This is my current form for the pike press:

 

I'm still working on straightening out my handstand (it's not a habit yet).

 

Been working towards a full pike press with hands on the floor and my current compression isn't good enough.

 

Could I ask how do you increase the compression?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Probably more then the compression i would fix the upper back mobility and body alignment.

BMJD

Thanks for the reply!

 

Yes, I have also been doing H1 alignment drills and mobility work.

 

Just that I'm looking to improve the compression alongside. 

Alessandro Mainente

perform active hips compression by doing standing pike stretch and aim to push the the entire palm of the floor, then with dorsal part of hand then with elbow. push mean "push you of f from the floor" for at least 15-20 seconds. 

BMJD

Thanks you very much! 

 

I'll definitely be doing this

Arthur Costi

Can you elaborate more on this exercise? I didn't understood the description and I am very interested on more compression aswell.

alex87 said:

perform active hips compression by doing standing pike stretch and aim to push the the entire palm of the floor, then with dorsal part of hand then with elbow. push mean "push you of f from the floor" for at least 15-20 seconds.