This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE1 form check *exciting!* *click now!*

Started by kimura, February 18, 2014 · 12 Replies · 458 Views

kimura

I think this'll probably be picked apart but here is my reasoning: this looks similar to the old video and coach obviously thought the old form was fine or he wouldn't have posted it. My glutes and legs are completely off the ground FYI. I don't pull my arms as far back but like I said, the old video didn't either.

From what I can tell, I'm not holding long enough at the top? What do you all think? Any help is much appreciated. I'm quite close to mastery so I'm hoping this is passable or at least almost there.

Cheers!

Jennifer
*exciting!* *click now!*  :lol:

 

 I'm still doing it the same way as you (more like the original video).  I noticed that you (and  someone else who just posted)  have your elbows go down more towards your side body and it looks like in the video the athlete keep his elbows more up and to the side.   I'm just wondering about this myself.    

kimura
Jennifer said:

*exciting!* *click now!* :lol:

I'm still doing it the same way as you (more like the original video). I noticed that you (and someone else who just posted) have your elbows go down more towards your side body and it looks like in the video the athlete keep his elbows more up and to the side. I'm just wondering about this myself.

Haha in a sea of form checks I have to distinguish myself somehow :P

I was wondering about that too, hopefully someone can shed some light on that issue.

jjrohal

Comparing with the old video, you are too far behind the rings, making the rings come towards you at a much larger angle than the video. The result of this is that in the starting position, the GB athlete has his hands above his upper pecs, while yours is above your stomach. In the ending frame, his hangs are around eye height while yours are below shoulder height.

 

Try this change out. Likely you'll find it harder to get upright in the final position. Focus on solidifying that and reaping the rewards of this progression. Good luck!

Ronin168

i do mine the same way.  looks passable to me.

jshaw

I just posted a mastery form check on these the other day.  A couple people said mine look solid, while one person suggested rotating my hands/forearms out.  You seem to be doing the same thing as I am, pulling the rings close to your body instead of out and back like the standard video, though I think your form looks a lot better than mine. 

 

Another thing I notice that you do the same as I do that differs from the standard video is that we're both just barely off the floor, while the standard video has the athlete's shoulders like a foot off the floor. 

 

I'm going to redo mastery tonight and try to more closely replicate the standard video.  And I'm stealing your idea to put what looks to be a 20kg bumper plate by your feet, I hate how my feet are always sliding.

kimura

Jjrohal thanks for the observations I will try that out.

Jshaw yeah I was sick of the sliding and the plate eliminated it completely. I'm going to try a few tweaks to the form and keep working at it.

TANSTAAFL
kimura said:

Jjrohal thanks for the observations I will try that out.

Jshaw yeah I was sick of the sliding and the plate eliminated it completely. I'm going to try a few tweaks to the form and keep working at it.

For those that don't have a plate, the little rubber lid grippers you use for tight jar lids work great. They're also good for extra grip when needed.

kimura

What do you guys think of this form? Any better?

Alan Tseng
kimura said:

Jshaw yeah I was sick of the sliding and the plate eliminated it completely. I'm going to try a few tweaks to the form and keep working at it.

But you should be sliding though. If the plate isn't there then your body will automatically slide to the correct position, which is the rings positioned directly above the shoulders.

At the moment your starting position is incorrect because shoulders are too far behind you. If the plate wasn't there, you'll automatically slide to the correct starting position

Honestly next time, try getting rid of plate, and let your entire body slide until it stops sliding, then Youll be able to tell the correct starting position

kimura

Is this better? It's definitely a bit harder this way

Jennifer

The athlete brings his torso completely vertical. 

 

 

ETA:  I'm still laughing at the "click now!!"

kimura

Damnittt. So when I put my shoulders under the rings correctly I don't bring my torso vertical enough. I will try to correct that! I hope I have the mobility