This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE5 weird forearm pain

Started by dritar, February 17, 2014 · 3 Replies · 123 Views

dritar

Hi,

 

I'm currently on week 6 of sPL/PE5 and I've got this weird issue with it. Immediately at the end of the set I get this weird forearm pain when I move out of the position. Having your hands palms down finger pointing forward, this pain is located along a line starting at the side of the wrist that is outside and runs along to somewhere before the elbow.

 

It's weird because I'm fine during the set it's just when I let go of the pressure that it starts. After the workout I feel a forearm pump, but its fine otherwise. I've got a lot of elbow hiperextension so my planche leans look kind of weird where the hands are much further back than what the angle of the upper arm suggests.

 

Anyone has this ? 

Micawberian

Yes, I have this too. Only my weird pain is on the radial side (so, in palm down fingers forward, on the inside side of the wrist). Just a completely strange feeling. I've been meaning to bring this up, so thanks! No doubt someone will chime in with an answer.

My first guess was that the wrist will just need some conditioning to this movement. I've been trying to limit my lean to where the wrist is comfortable without this pain, and only working max 3x12.

What position do you put your hands in during planche lean? I am doing fingers 90 degrees to the side.

Is it like a tingling sort of pain? best way I can explain it. Like pins and needles, but with pain lol.

B1214N

Sounds like forearm splints. Just take it slowly and stop training planche and rest if the pain becomes too much and resume only when the pain is all gone. I believe changing hand positions won't help with this. I think some forearm stretches can help too. Eventually your forearms will get stronger and you won't have this issue anymore.

dritar

My hand position is mostly fingers to the side albeit not 90 degrees. To me it's not a tingling pain, it's more like the sort of pain you get when you are using all your strength to hold to something for too much time and then you let go.

 

Ok, I'll rest and massage with a tennis ball and reevaluate next sPL workout. The H1 wrist stretches do help especially the last one that looks like dorsal pushups.

 

Thanks.