This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PPP and heart rate

Started by Mark Collins, February 17, 2014 · 6 Replies · 309 Views

Mark Collins

I wore a HR strap during my workout today and during the PPP my heart rate went to 154. It surprised me that it went so high. My heart rate ranged from 110 to 154 so there is obviously a good cardiovascular effect with Foundation.

ausswe

I hadn't run in a long time but I had been doing foundation and when I went for a run I found I hadn't lost anything except for some leg muscle endurance but my breathing was steady. I have taken breaks from. Running before and I was always out of breath when starting again. Not this time though and I attribute that to foundation work.

RF_Guy

that would explain why my face felt like it was ready to explode during last few reps... And maybe odd looks I was getting :)

Mark Collins
RF_Guy said:

that would explain why my face felt like it was ready to explode during last few reps... And maybe odd looks I was getting :)

My face also goes red like it will explode.

-MR

Here's my experience with F1 and a heart rate monitor. https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/14841-how-taxing-are-f1-workouts/#entry145022

 

Keilani, I meant to ask you about your linked test results when you first posted them, but never got around to it. Just looking at all the different kind of analyses you're getting from this one home-based test, it really sounds sketchy to me. Please don't take this the wrong way, I always appreciate and enjoy your posts, but I have a very strong suspicion that your machine is not really measuring what it says it is, and I don't think you should be drawing any meaningful conclusions from those results. Have you by chance noticed results that appear inconsistent, or that seem to defy logic?

 

Again, please don't take any offence, I'm more than happy to drop this if you're uninterested in my point of view. Just thought I'd mention this in case you found it helpful.

Keilani Gutierrez
-MR said:

Here's my experience with F1 and a heart rate monitor. https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/14841-how-taxing-are-f1-workouts/#entry145022

 

Keilani, I meant to ask you about your linked test results when you first posted them, but never got around to it. Just looking at all the different kind of analyses you're getting from this one home-based test, it really sounds sketchy to me. Please don't take this the wrong way, I always appreciate and enjoy your posts, but I have a very strong suspicion that your machine is not really measuring what it says it is, and I don't think you should be drawing any meaningful conclusions from those results. Have you by chance noticed results that appear inconsistent, or that seem to defy logic?

 

Again, please don't take any offence, I'm more than happy to drop this if you're uninterested in my point of view. Just thought I'd mention this in case you found it helpful.

the thing is the machine came without any kind of manual. I had to google everything from ventricle pressure to osteocalcin to collagen matrixes. 

 

so a lot of the read outs, i've only confirmed a few since it's what picks at my interest. 

 

I need to learn how to read the Body Composition portion of the test because it really feels that the software is only directly translated to english and mostly have professionals read it for me, i don't come to any conclusions myself because it isn't infallible, so we're in agreement. 

 

the one i've gotten most acquainted with and can "tie" physically to the analysis is the PH one and how it relates to the immune system. that one I can feel for sure, because it's gotten to the point where I only get sick if im overly stressed out emotionally or overtraining.

 

the greatest inconsistencies have come up when I forget to change my profile's weight and then get tested. this happened to me a  few times when I went a few months without getting analyzed and having a BW change from 148 to 160-163, it'd say some pretty wierd stuff. once i changed the weight, things started looking consistent, as a matter of fact, next time I get tested, i'll get some blood work done and post them both up side by side.

 

besides, the machine is just a tool for fun and use it on friends, customers as a point of reference than in no way substitutes blood work or being checked up by a relevant professional, everyone analyzed understands this and I also have them sign a waiver if they want to take the results to their health professional.

 

in one instance, my "make it or break it" opinion on the MR machine was when I analyzed someone I knew whom I did not know had HIV. that was a bit of an awkward conversation (for him) but I had him sign the waiver on a whim, to make it official that i'd never share his results with anyone.  

 

what I do feel speaks for my bone density growth is my kung fu training, albeit i do not know to what degree, ya know? if I had a training journal to compare the morale, nutrition + physical capabilities to results now and cross check them with the chemical state, i'd probably have something more detailed to create a better picture but i can only do that from here on outwards, so its a good thing it occured to me ^_^