Sudden improvement in knee/hamstring mobility

Started by The Northern, February 17, 2014 · 0 Replies · 1,621 Views

The Northern

Hi

 

I have a wierd story I wanted to share, and perhaps someone else might have experienced anything similar.

 

About a month ago I did a mobility session involving some cossac squats, jefferson curls, static stand in middle split (not very flexible yet, just building strength in the stretched posission), and some calf stretches.

 

The following day I noticed that I could suddenly lock out my left knee to a much greater degree than my right. It was as if something in between the hamstring and calf muscles had suddenly let go. It felt a bit wierd, and was a bit uncomfortable when I contracted my quads while having it fully locked. I had a physio take a look at my knee in case I had damaged anything, but everything in the knee seemed healthy! He did however notice the difference between the two knees.

 

Today it no longer feels any wierd, but the difference is still there. Right now I am just wondering what really happend to my knee, and if the same thing can/will happen to my right knee.

 

 

Cheers