This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Shoulder issue with HBP/PE6>iM

Started by The Northern, February 17, 2014 · 0 Replies · 59 Views

The Northern

Hi

 

Was planning on posting this one on the mobility part of the forum, but as I have no idea what the stretch is called I sort of need the Foundation material as reference.

I am working a lot to improve my mobility these days, and my left shoulder is giving me a hard time. It is severely behind in terms of external rotation, in comparison to the right shoulder. I have tried to improve it for some time now, even seen multiple therapists, though it haven't helped.

 

I'm not currently on HBP/PE6, though was doing some stretching and happened to try the mobility part of the progression. It target my shoulder restriction head on!!!

 

Currently I am wondering how I should proceed from here. When I do the stretch on my left shoulder there is a painful sensation in the lateral deltoid right above the armpit. I can feel it when I do the same stretch with the other arm, but the level of discomfort is  noticeably different.

 

  • Should I ease into the stretch little by little?
  • Should I push though it as long as the pain isnt overwhelming or lasts after the stretch?
  • Are there any soft tissue techniques that might help improve this?

Any and all help is appreciated, as this is something that is holding my progressions back, and preventing proper execution of various exercises